Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookie with Agave Nectar

These are my favorite new cookies! Not too sweet, but crunchy and full of goodness. They are vegan too! I make these for my husband as a "breakfast cookie" to take to work with him.


Enjoy!

Vegan Oatmeal Raisin Cookie with Agave Nectar
1 cup organic rolled oats
1 cup spelt, whole wheat or oat flour (spelt is my favorite)
1 cup ground almonds
1 Tbs flax meal
1⁄2 tsp. salt
1⁄4 cup unsweetened cranberries or raisins
¼ cup shredded unsweetened coconut
3 Tbs agave nectar (or pure maple syrup)
1⁄2 cup canola  or grapeseed oil
1⁄2 tsp. vanilla
1/2 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp nutmeg

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Mix all the dry ingredients together in a large bowl.
3. Mix the wet ingredients and stir into the dry ingredients with a wooden spoon.
4. Form 1” balls and place on an oiled cookie sheet. Press the balls down with your fingers.
5. Bake for 12 minutes or until crispy.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Those sound good! I'll make 'em when I get home.